Welcome to Horseshoe Guide Service - Bear Hunting with Dick Reese
- Bear Guide in Permit Areas 47 and 28 Since 1978
- Muzzle Loaders
- Specializing in Bow & Arrow and Cross Bow Hunting
- NEW - Wolf Hunt Guiding
We are located in the Chippewa National Forest near Leech Lake (Minnesota). Most baits are located off main roads. You are placed in ladder stands or ground blinds where
guaranteed active baits are maintained. We will assist you in any way
we can --- very experienced trackers - skinning - walk-in cooler - well
established bait sites (more than 30 years) - bait everyday all through
baiting season, live and guide in the area year round.
success ratio averages around 75% depending on marksmanship. Most all of our
hunters have good opportunities at legal bears.
- 2016 - 16 opportunities for legal bears for 17 hunters
- 2014 - 16 opportunities for legal bears for 16 hunters
- 2013 - 9 for 12 opening week
- 2012 - Another excellent season with 100% success ratio (9 for 9 with bowhunters going 5 for 5)
- 2010 - 10 for 14 on opening night
- 2007 - We had an excellent year with a 100% success ratio (17 for 17 with bowhunters going 13 for 13)
Bear season opens the 1st of September. You may hunt anytime during the first two weeks, untill the grouse season opens.
Lodging and camping is available at the walk-in cooler site and also near-by.
Fully guided bear hunt with guaranteed active bait and ladder stand or ground blind. $1,100.00
Color Brochure available upon request.
- Tony Pautzke - WI (608) 429-3740
- Paul Mayer - WI (920) 210 3390
- Bart Nelson - WI (608) 835-7114
- Jim Flesch - MN (218) 252-1373
- Mike Phillips - WY (307) 267-7525
- John Sobotka - IA (712) 358-0567
- Craig Shoemaker - WI (920) 960-9118
- Dave Trapp - MN (612) 308-5544
- Dave Addis - MO (417) 830-8981
- Josh Johnson - WI (715) 459-2655
Transporter Game Cart
|Horseshoe Guide Service
||Phone: (218) 751-0476
||Guide Zones: 28 & 47
|7827 Stump Lake Drive
||Cell: (218) 760-2239
|Bemidji, MN 56601
||Guide Since: 1978
© Horseshoe Guide Service